Upgrading to Our New Email Client
At WCTA we are continually looking for new and better ways to serve our members. On May 14th WCTA will be performing some upgrades to the wctatel.net e-mail service. Some details about the upgrades may be found below.
- E-mail currently stored on WCTA’s servers may be unavailable for 1-2 hours during the upgrade window from 10:00pm – 12:00am. Stored email will be migrated to a new server(s). Email that has already been downloaded to your computer will not be affected by this.
- There may be a delay in receiving and sending mail during the 1-2 hour upgrade window.
- Your e-mail address and password will remain the same.
- Contacts and Calendar information that you have entered into the current Web Mail client will be lost. This will not affect any contact or calendar information you have stored locally on your computer. We recommend backing up your contacts/address book and calendar locally to later import into the new Web Mail client.
- Should you have trouble during the upgrade process, please contact technical support at 1-877-928-2835.
Need assistance navigating the new WebMail Client? Click Here to view our WebMail User Guide.
Need assistance backing up your contacts locally? Click Here to view our walk through. In order to import your contacts into the new WebMail Client, you may need to first convert the “.vcf” file to a “.csv” file. Follow our step-by-step guide on how to convert your file, and then import it into the new WebMail.
Phone and Desktop Email apps will continue to work without any intervention, but this Email Fact Sheet provides a more secure set of email settings that we highly recommend for added security.